Friday 24 October 2008

Women in War

Womens War Too!


As the day rose the hard working women set out for a difficult day of work.
Yesterday ,the British Prime Minister told British public on radio that women have to join the work force in order to keep Britain running .Women will be taking the place of British men while they are fighting to save the country.British women will be working as ambulance drivers , ship builders , mechanics, tank drivers, air raid wardens, engineers, plumbers,farmers and fire engine drivers.
Sarah Macmillan, a women worker ,gave an interview yesterday to the British radio. She said "I love doing my job and helping my country through this hard time." She also said that " I am not saying that its really easy I also have to raise my children as well as my work so its quite hard."

Also the Prime Minister said that women had to work until the war finishes. For this decision many woman got angry and wasn't pleased with their Prime Minister. They say that it's really unfair when some have more than three kids to look after.
By Inquiyad and Matthew

No comments: